Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Every Other Day

Try as I may, I can not write in this blog every day.  Besides it would get boring for everyone.  MLK day was pretty crappy....LITERALLY.  I had to have a CT scan done and the stuff they give you to drink made me so sick.  They should put a warning sign on it that says it is a torpedo that will immediately shoot through your bowels and bring you to your knees crying like a little bitch on the toilet. It was HORRENDOUS!! It was like I had eaten a Hot Pocket for breakfast that had been sitting out in the sun for a week. On the lighter side MAYBE I will lose a few.  However enough is enough and I am still suffering.  Haven't heard back from the doctor so I am assuming I am NOT DYING!!  Although being the hypo that I am I would swear I am!!

I got some news today that struck terror deep into my heart.  I applied for our leadership pool and got the email that my application has been accepted.  To apply.  (you have to apply to apply) HUH? Now I get to go through the process to see if I get in.  The problem is that there are three steps. Step one: written response to a prompt with a 45 minute time limit.  (o.k. I can handle that)  Ive certainly written enough papers that should be no problem.  Step 2: video taped scenario.  wait a minute...what the what?  Me and a camera?  Hello!!! I'm FAT!!  The camera adds 10 pounds.  OMG total terror!!  Most people would be nervous to get in front of the camera because they are camera shy or just plain not good at public speaking.  Not the case for me.  In fact I don't really have a shy bone in my body but I have a hell of a lot of FAT ones!!!  Step 3: If I live through step 2, is an interview with live people.  However these are the same people who have gotten to watch the video of you.  UUGGHH  Oh and by the way it all starts Monday.  Yeah not a whole lot of notice.  No time to LOSE any weight.  At least it will be like a band-aide rip it off fast. 

Oh and I made an incredible dinner that was healthy and Brad actually liked it.  SCORE so the day wasn't a total wash.  Chicken with peppers and mushrooms.and salad.  YUM  I am trying. baby steps baby steps.  Oh and I have to put in a correction from my last blog.  I said that healthy food would taste horrible...my sister had a fit over that statement! So I will retract it to shut her up but secretly think it in my head.  She's one of those BORN again skinny people.  She lost a ton of weight for her wedding and is keeping it off.  I'm so proud of her.  However she has convinced herself that diet food is good and so I say good for her.  Maybe someday I will be able to convince myself.  Tonight was a good start.  Dinner was great. 
Till next time, have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment