I sit back and wonder to myself if skinny people could possibly have the kind of sucky luck I have on a continuous basis? I had to leave work early today to deal with the "crisis of the day". If someone is not setting something on fire, breaking a bone or some major catastrophe doesn't happen to my house ...well it's an O.K. day. I'm not too picky. I would settle for boring or hum drum but that is not the fate I have been dealt. I have all out crisis mode at least three to four times a week. The worst part is out of 6 semi adult brains in my household mine seems to be the only one that can handle and or FIX a problem.
Huh! Seeing a possible reason for being an over eater? No stress on me right?
As I've told you I know alot of people. I have many acquaintances and many friends and I can honestly say I have the worst luck of any of them. Remember when I said my life was like one long continuous Candid Camera episode? I wasn't lying. Sometimes I have this unrelenting feeling that someone...I say God.. but who knows who it is....is just sitting around watching AND LAUGHING over my usual misfortune. Sometimes it's little things like being in the wrong lane at the grocery store (which is ALWAYS the case) and sometimes it is major like having a cement truck fall in my septic tank a month after my house was built. It's funny too because most people think I am a very optimistic person. I think I am. In fact everyday I wake up and think it's gonna be a great day and then I am totally shocked when it's not! You'd think I would know something was coming for me...but I don't. I'm like Charlie Brown with the football.
Well all this bad luck and stress does do one thing for me... it gives me an excuse to eat. If ever there was a person who deserved to drown her sorrows in mac and cheese it is me. But we all know that's not what I need. I need a million four leaf clovers and a serious dose of will power. I will say today I showed some restraint. I stopped on my way home to the crisis at McDonald's for my son and instead of getting my COKE or anything else I came home and ate a tuna sandwich. I won't lie a did take a bite of my son's cheeseburger and A SIP of my husband's coke but... I can't be perfect.
So as I sit here and wait for car number two this week to get towed to the shop...BTW (this is the same car that was involved in an accident three weeks ago and still has not been fixed from that)... I have to laugh. I also feel pretty good. I didn't give in to temptation and I didn't drown my sorrows with McDonald's. Progress? Maybe!
Till Tomorrow
Teresa
No comments:
Post a Comment