Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 1

At the urging of my trainer, I am starting a blog.  She thinks it will help assist me in my weight loss goals.  I think she is the DEVIL.  For the remainders of these blogs I will refer to her as "Major Mary the Ball Buster Box", "Ball Buster", "Evil" or "Beelzebub". 
Many of you who are reading this may know that my amazingly sweet sister is getting married October 9th.  I am her Matron of Honor and required to wear one of those hideously horrifying Bridesmaid gowns.  The gown of course will be sleeveless because apparently if you are in the wedding party the only way to ensure that you will not out shine the bride is to wear a dress that shows off your huge "lunch lady arms.  I searched and searched but to no avail and could not find a gown on this planet with sleeves.  With that in mind and with pressure from my sister I decided (but was really being forced) to try and lose the extra million pounds that I carry along with me on a daily basis. 
At first I gave up sodas.  If you know me well, you know that one of my biggest vices is CHERRY COKE.  I nearly killed myself going cold turkey but I  kept that hideous dress in the back of my mind and went nearly two months without a soda.  When not one single pound was shed I thought to myself FTS.  If you don't know what that stands for fill in whatever explicative you would like.  You can figure out what I mean but I am drinking a coke as I write this.
The next obvious step was to start exercising.  This was a huge mistake on my part because my mouth started working before my brain actually processed the entire idea.  I asked my friend "Ball Buster" if I could start going to the gym with her.  I explained my situation to her and she agreed.  Little did I know she was going to take this so seriously.  It has now become her life's mission to help me lose weight.  Well she has her work cut out for her because what i am finding out about myself in this process is that I am horribly lazy and incapable of making good food choices. 
I will try my best and I hope that you will all read my blog....leave me comments......and pray for my soul... especially when you start reading some of the horrible things I am thinking in my head.   Lord knows I am going to need all the help  can get and i am counting on my friends to give it.
Till Tomorrow
Teresa

7 comments:

  1. Ummm... hello? You picked out the dress you have to wear! lol

    You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um you were also supposed to write down everything you put in your mouth!! EVERYTHING including licking your fingers while cooking dinner.

    ball buster

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol this is awesome, i wanna lose weight and write about it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey the wedding is at my house and I have been depressed over knowing that I would be in many photos, not as many as you however, ha ha, so I will take this challenge with you. Tell us each day what you are doing and I will try to keep up the same pace. If it works for you maybe it will work for me !!Just remeber, I am much older than you so be kind..Auntie Mame here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to loose the weight as well. I'm doing it for my baby b/c when he starts walking(and running) my FA is not going to be able to keep up with him and that scares the SH* out of me! What you need is a suttle reminder of the cause for ridding those "lunch lady arms." Mine is a message board magnetically attached to my fridge stating, "stop eating you FA." There are also many pictures of my baby all around the fridge that serve as reminders of my cause.

    Cutting out the soda really should help as long as your cutting back calories as well. I switched to Crystal light tea which only has 5 cal. per 8oz serving, no sugars, or caffeine. Try replacing one meal with a protein shake or slim fast. Only eat when you feel "real hunger." So, when your stomach sounds like the male howler monkeys in the Costa Rica Jungle and your head feels like you got whacked with Evan Longoria's bat, then toss a Turkey Subway sandwich in your mouth. I lost all the baby weight this way and I'm loosing more. I still have 45 more pounds to loose but I'm taking it day by day. Remember, it didn't take 5 weeks to put it all on. It takes time to take it off. Rome wasn't built in a day (God I hear my My mom in my head when I just typed that!)

    Working out will help but don't kill yourself. 30 min. cardio a day doesn't always need to be at a gym. Take that sweet puppy of yours and your family (or ball buster) for a walk in the park or around the neighborhood. If you were closer to the beach I'd offer to go with you. We walk on the beach with the baby in the sling at least a few times a week. (When Frank get's off of work before the sun goes down..LOL) We can support each other! :-)

    If I told you it was easy I'd be a politician. You need to get used to the feeling of being hungry. Everyone I know that has lost weight does not eat much. You still need to watch what you eat and HOW much of it you eat. That's my biggest problem that is hard to kick. I would eat a Ginormous plate of food three times a day. You need to cut back to about 1600-1700 cal. a day to really step it up. Writing down what you eat is a great tip. It sounds like the "ball buster" has got you on the right track.

    Don't deprive yourself if you really want a cherry coke (or in my case a chocolate malt shake from steak and shake) Skip a meal (like dinner) and have it instead.

    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! Most people that are normal weight are considered skinny. It is hard to be normal in this world of processed food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Teresa! I love it. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete